Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Resistant?

All of us at one point are resistant to something at  some time or another. But daily most of us are resistant to what God has done, is doing and will do for us. We think we are invincible. We are not. But when we listen to his calls and whispers amazing things happen. Our stubborn human nature holds us back. The question is what are you going to do about it? It's ok to say you are scared and don't know what to do. Just reach up and call His name. He's there waiting for you.


The Resistant One

Brokenness and heartache I know to well
In my heart oh do they dwell
battles and struggles camp at my door
I don't want to live like this anymore
day to day I fight
these battles with all my might
defeated or enslaved by frustration and sorrows
I just want better tomorrows

Come to the Cross
a voice said to me
What cross? Where?
Why should you care?

Give to me your struggles to bear
the voice whispered back
Who are you, where are you?
Must have given my head a whack?  

Drink from my waters
He spoke once again
What water? Where?
Will it come out of this air?

Just like that it was gone
the voice in my head 
Deranged and delusional I must be
think I'll go to bed

Shame and fear control my heart
they cause me to fall apart
sin keeps happiness away from me
won't this darkness ever leave me be
I am filled with nothingness
and do not feel I am worthy of forgiveness
OH Where can I go to find joy and peace?

Come to me, I'll give you rest
It's back, that voice
Why will it not leave me alone?

Oh dear voice in my head
will you leave me please
nothing will ever help
heal these wounds so deep

I'll abide in you if you'll let me in
Come to the Cross
What cross?
Why what's a cross doing for me?

Who are you that speaks?

It is I the One who died on the cross for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.