Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, May 26, 2024

After attending church service on Mother's day, the message from the sermon stayed with me. The Pastor spoke of mother's, the role they play, the love they have, the heart they have,  you get the idea. Well when a message sticks with me, I typically end up composing a poem or some sort of verse about it. So here is what came of that. This is for all the mother's out there, especially my two. Yes I said this correctly. I had been born to a mom, separated at about 5 years old from her, put up for adoption, adopted. Later in life I reunited with my birth mother who died almost 20 years ago. Both my moms have the strongest of  hearts.

The Heart of a Mother

           The heart of a mother is like a diamond, strong and resilient
               The heart of a mother is like silver, precious yet tender to the core
The heart of a mother is like gold, pure yet malleable
The heart of a mother is stretched, poked, torn, over filled
 
Her heart worries
Her heart weeps
Her heart hurts
Her heart tires
 
The heart of a mother ponders and savours time and emotions
Down deep inside where no one can go
She holds the moments captive
Releasing them to only the Lord
 
Her heart prays
Her heart forgives
Her heart worships
Her heart rejoices
 
Never underestimate the heart of a mother
It carries more than is imaginable
The heart of a mother though may be tested
Will never break for it is strong and resilient
As is a diamond


 


Psalms 61: 1-2 Hear my cry oh God, Attend to my prayer; From the End of the Earth I will cry to you; My heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story Nancy ❤️🌱

    ReplyDelete

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.