Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Full of despair? Try this?

I am trying to work on some new ones, in the meantime, I thought I'd repost this as a reminder to many and a wake up to others.
The inspiration for this came from some messages I was getting while reading my daily devotionals and reading plans the one day. The thoughts of being broken and lost then being saved hung on my heart until these words poured out. I know of many people personally who are like the person talked about in the first and seconds stanzas. I pray for them everyday that one day they will be like the person in the final few stanzas. If you know someone today who doesn't already know The Lord, why not have them read this with you or some of my other ones.


Was and Am because of Him

I am broken,
dark and bitter,
guilty and full of shame
fit right into the evil one's game

I am scared
alone and discouraged
hopeless
don't know where to go from this mess

Day in and day out
I have lived without
joy and peace
wanting and needing more.

Then you walked through my door
You told me to follow you 
You told me the enemy lied
following him, I'd have died
You placed in my heart everything I had to do

Under your wing I did go
rescued by your grace
no more would I be broken
no more would there be bitter darkness
Gone would be the guilt or shame
You've helped me beat 
the evil one at his own game

I am forgiven
free and humbled
rescued
washed clean by My Savior's blood

I am purified
saved and loved
 grateful
that I've been chosen from God above





Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves; 
it is the gift of God



No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.