Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, October 28, 2013

My God Is

This is a different style that I don't normally do but I learned a lot and had some fun with it. I began with a list of things God is to me and from there I searched the Bible for parts of scripture to finish each line. I know there are hundreds of awesome things to say about our Lord but these are the key ones for me. I pray they are for you too. May God Bless you all in ways that only He can.
I have put at the bottom scripture references that I used in this piece. I hope you will take time to read each one along with the whole verse that goes with it. Have fun praising God along with me!

My God

My God is
My provider and knows all that I need
My counsellor whose instructions and teaching I must heed
My shoulder to cry on when I don't know where to go
He stretches out his hands against the anger of my foes
My daddy, my Father whose love is bestowed on me
My parent that I am commanded to obey
My shelter and shield that saves me in every way
My healer who takes away all my sickness
My restorer who leads me in the paths of righteousness
My strength and my song, my salvation

Though daily we live worried and troubled
He promises that He is the one thing needed.

Let Him be
Your counsellor, wonderful counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father
Your teacher who will teach you to love others
Your guide who will guide you into all the truth
Your Saviour who daily will bear your burdens and leave you with hope
Your Lord you can always trust with all your heart to help you cope.

My God is is always true
Never pretends or judges
Always forgives             
His love is with us all the time, 
and endures forever 
Let him create a pure heart in you and renew a steadfast spirit within.



Scripture References(most from NKJV or NIV)Mathew 6:32, Psalm 32:8, Psalm 138:7, 1 John 3:1, Colossians 3:20, Psalm 18:2, Deuteronomy 7:15, Psalm 23:3, Exodus 15:2, Luke 10:41-42, Isaiah 9: 6, John 16:13, Psalm 68:19, 1 Chronicles 16: 34, Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.