Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, December 23, 2013

T'was the Ice Storm of 2013

I know for some the affects of the ice storm are not over but while sitting with no power yesterday, I thought about how I could show my gratefulness. So I came up with a poem about my experience in the ice storm. Despite the inconvenience we can be rest assured that God is with us even in this time. Stay warm for those who still have no power. Ours was out for 18 hours but I'm sure glad it was. It brought me back to the times before computers, iphones and tv. Almost wish it happened again.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Ice Storm

T'was two days before Christmas
when all through the house
the lights and furnace went out
we had to bring extra blankets for all
including the mouse
The ice storm came and delivered a punch
that sent trees and power lines into a bunch
The children all cried
as their computers died
With Momma in her woollens
and I in my long johns
we lit a big fire in hopes we'd be warm all night
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter
I sprang down the stairs to see what was the matter
Over to the window I stumbled over some foreign matter
I gasped as I saw trees broken and scattered
The ice it had fallen
and encrusted the snow
it glistened as hydro lines fell low
then to my bed I went shivering and dreading
when the crews would be repairing and returning
the town to it's lustre and shine
I prayed by morning all would be fine
More crackles and bangs rang through the night
as winds whipped and whirled
branches into flight
Though the storm showed much sparkle and beauty
much destruction and trouble
is what we'd find under the icy rubble
Though bored out of their minds
my children managed to enjoy their time
spent with their parental kinds
So to The Lord I give thanks
for a few extra moments to ponder
only a few days before Christmas
and leave me filled me with hope and wonder
to start the new year full of much cheer!

Merry Christmas to all
and to all a WARM NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.