Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Reason for the Season

The message is clear and shouldn't be saved for just the one day a year. When the day has passes let this prepare your heart for the year ahead in anticipation of the new year and for next Christmas season. Praise God for this gift, and may He bless you with his love and mercy. Merry Christmas and Blessings for a Prosperous New Year!


Reason for the Season

Leaves have fallen to the ground
Signs of winter all around
Nature as we see it
has gone to sleep
soon we'll be covered in a blanket
of snow so deep

A sad thought to ponder
yet it fills me with hope and wonder
As the snow begins to fall
up go the Christmas trees so tall

Round the roof tops
lights glisten
now lend me your ear
and to my story give a listen

Long ago in a far away land
comes a story so grand
of a carpenter and virgin from
whose womb a king would come
to save the people from all they had done
and close the gap between Earth and Heaven's Kingdom

The Lord sent a message through the Angel
to a young servant girl called Mary
of a babe she'll carry
that is God's own son
to which Mary replied "My Lord's will be done."
There was no palace for this king's birth
just a lowly stable hardly measuring up to his worth

Soon after the king arrived
a group of shepherds in a field near by
were told of this amazing event
and to the stable they went

Over taken by joy of their King's arrival
the shepherds ran to tell all
for the Messiah they waited for
was just beyond the stable door

Soon after danger loomed
An angel warned Joseph of a possible doom
protect the Christ child was his quest 
and so they headed West

From the Far East three strangers saw
a gleaming star and followed in awe
to see for themselves this promised King
to their knees they fell worshiping 
as they saw their Messiah.

As this child grew he began teaching parables to the masses
and healing many lads and lasses
Every where he went he left but one command
Love one another 
Love the Father.

Though simple to say, it's so hard to do.
So many people didn't follow through
The Father was not pleased
his anger needed to be appeased

To the cross He sent his one and only Son
and promised all sins would be undone
Eternal life is given to those who believe
that when Christ was born that eve
so long ago, the promise was fulfilled

So as we come nearer to Christmas Day
the moral to the story I have told
is The Father's love will never grow old
He always forgives, even when we don't deserve.

As you begin to immerse in holiday cheer
approach the cross with fear
but remain faithful and hopeful
that our Holy God Almighty
will be there to help us through
all of this calamity.

Merry Christmas to young and old
For Jesus birth is the reason 
for this season,
and if I may be so bold
I raise my hands in Praise
to God Almighty
for the gift He gave you and me!
Forever in my heart will this gift always be!







No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.