Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My prayer for 2014

I can't think of a better way to wind down this year than to pray. In prayer I have tried to capture as many needs as I can. Happy Blessed New Year! Keep safe, drink responsibly and have fun!



2014 Prayer

Heavenly Father
Giver of Life
I thank you for carrying me through this years strife
You gave me all that I needed to succeed
You lifted me when I fell
and comforted me when I wasn't well
There were times Lord,
when I felt like I was going overboard
but you kept me afloat
To you, Lord, my blessings I devote
for I would truly hate
 to think of what would be my state
if I didn't have You.
Oh Heavenly Father forgive me when I doubt
and when anger causes me to shout
As 2014 creeps upon us, 
my prayer is that You hear all the cries and prayers
of my friends and family
that you touch each person with your mercy and grace
and help them through all that they face
Father dear,
we humans tend to get ourselves into great binds
We get greedy hearts and hot headed minds
I pray Lord as 2014 begins you help us do our part
to do your work and listen for our calling
Lord convict our hearts when we do wrong 
and fill us with your love that keeps us strong
give healing where it is needed
and help lives be put back together 
that were destroyed by nasty weather
Open the eyes of the world leaders
in hopes that they may see a clearer picture
of what you've called them to do
Guide us all day to day 
and through each night
that we may keep you in our sight
Help us to lean on and trust in you
Lord, you are the rock on which I stand
the lamp in my darkness
The Almighty,
I pray 2014 begins with many lost souls finding their way to your light
and that we humans get it right
Thank you Father for your never ending love and faithfulness.
In the name of My Saviour Jesus Christ.
 AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.