Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Shepherd waited for me

Learning to love Jesus is a challenge especially when met with resistance to people who have not learned of the joy it can bring.  For years I thought I was alone many times but I now know I never was. Throughout the years even though I was not a follower, I knew and believed God existed but I let  worldly things keep me from my faith. I finally had come to a point where I wasn't liking the way things were and demanded change. Who better to go to than God our Father. So I finally knocked down that wall and let my Shepherd in. In all my years, The Lord is My Shepherd Psalm 23 stuck in my mind. So when it came to my writing poetry it was only natural that I write this:


You are My Shepherd, Come In

I hear a knock
But I just look towards the clock
You knock once more, so I go to the door
I can hear a voice but still see no one,
so I turn to run
yet You are there
I feel You stare
I stop and hesitate
 I can’t ignore You
So I open the door
As I motion for You to enter
I fall to my knees and cry
“It’s you! My Shepherd,”
I want to give You thanks for all you do
But just don’t know how cause all I can say is Wow!
You are here in my house
Not sure if I should have let you in
For I’m not prepared and it’s dirty as a louse
I’m not sure I am the right hostess
I look for a place to hide
Then You reach your hands to me and take mine into yours,
A flood of peace comes over me
I’m ready now My Shepherd
To lead you to the door of my hurts and sins combined
I give You the key and let You do to the room what you need
You waste no time at all as you tear down each wall
I begin to feel free from the sins that cling to me
 I’m sure glad I’ve finally let you in
To deal with my terrible sin
“My Shepherd” I say
“Forgive me for taking so long to let you in”
You say no words but continue on
 we move to another door,
‘Stop’ I yell
‘Can we not enter this room just yet?’
Not sure if I can do it.
“Oh Shepherd dear”, I ask “grant me the strength I need”
You smile and say “one step at a time dear child”

Learning to live in faith takes one step at a time. Each step brings us closer to our Shepherd. Why not let him in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.