Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stepping Stones Chapter 1

A few years back I began writing poems and for awhile it was non stop. Sometimes I'd write 3 or 4 in a row. I didn't know what to do with them. I have thought of a book of poetry but wasn't so sure that would peak peoples interests. After considering what to do in prayer, I decided to start this blog to share my poetry with the world. These poems were all inspired by God, his creations and the events in my life centering around him. The inspiration came one day after church. Our pastor had preached on Psalm 13: How long , O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say " I have overcome him, and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in you unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.
After hearing this it weighed on my heart all day. I had left the service in tears that day. So that night I sat down with paper and pen and began writing what was on my heart. I do hope you enjoy my Stepping Stones in Faith. With each stone upon which I walk, I grow in my faith. Praise be to the Lord himself, who inspires me. There is still a book in the works so please keep tuned.

Going Home


Streets are dark
Air is cold
A single bag I do hold
The contents are heavy and old
I stagger here and there
But not from the drink
It is my bag of luggage that carries
Much more than I think
So many roads to choose
Not sure where to turn
A safe place to rest is what I yearn
As I make my journey I turn
Down many roads all leading to nowhere
I cry out for help but no one comes aware
I cry out in desperation but still continue on
This road looks familiar I say
Like I’ve been here before
Yet I take it anyway
this time You are there with open arms
Not sure what to do
I am scared
As I tremble still I reach out
With my eyes closed and face hidden
But You take my hand and lead me down a new road
Nothing like I’ve seen before
Should I follow You?
Where are You leading me?
Why won’t I let go?
What’s down this road?
I must know
To scared to turn back
I want to go this road so bad
But at what cost?
Was I that lost?
Thought a child was told never to roam that far from home
Is that where I’m heading?
Has my Father finally found me?
Is He leading me home?
How will I know?
How can I know it’s my Father here with me
How can I know if I’m going home?
The warmth in my soul and the desire for warmth in my heart tells me
I am Going Home!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of me going home alone a home which is not a home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve read your poem 3 times. The first time i cried, the second time i found stepping stones and thought of your title, and the third time after taking a walk through many streets on a cold night. Im sure each time i read it I will relate to another portion. Thank you for creating this. Prayers for your new book! May the lord bless you and keep yoU safe!! 🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.