Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wings of My Eagle

When I began my poetry, one of the first images I had of God's mighty strength was that of an eagle. I find eagles are very majestic, strong, bold and have a really great sense of sight, like our Lord. Some days I feel like I'm flying high in the sky on His wings, while other days I feel like I'm on my own. I never fear because I know if I fall He will be there to catch me. So tonight's poem is: Wings of My Eagle. This was written very early in my walk and I had not known the book of Isaiah. Little did I know this same idea is found in Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Wings of My Eagle

With the wings of my Eagle I will fly
Without fear through the sky
As long as I have My God to hold
My heart will soar and will hurt no more
For my Lord is with me even in my slumbers
‘Till I awaken
and through my days when I grow old
He will carry me over the mountains
glide me through the valleys as I grow weary
Yet when I am strong,
 He’ll let me stretch my wings to the ends of the earth

Hang on tight will I
As I soar through the sky
 when I’ve flown to far and can fly no more
On His Mighty wing I will  rest
There I will stay until the dawn of a new day
When He shall spread His wings
And let me fly on His wings
Without fear through the sky
With the wings of My Eagle I do fly.


2 comments:

  1. I don't remember reading this one before. This is beautiful. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the short lines, they form a narrative all their own. Good job, keep em coming

    ReplyDelete

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.