Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Feathered Friend to Help Me Through

It's gardening time again. A time when I push my physical limits and strain my joints and muscles, in hopes of creating a beautiful masterpiece in my garden. I over do it every year, physical labour that is. Then I got to thinking today as I was digging hard and planting shrubs and a little Robin came flying in for a tasty treat. I happened to be pulling up some nice juicy worms. You see, The Lord tries to reach us in many ways. Most of the time we are so concentrated on what is going on in our life or how perfect we think we need to be that we don't give enough attention to God's signals to us. He is pretty persistent as well as patient with me. The Lord sends his "little" feathered friends to woo me and to remind me that he's got the flowers and trees covered. I need not strain myself so hard. I probably will still drain myself until I reach my "perfect" garden but sure do love His attempts to slow me down.
 
 Feathered Friends in a Dream

Calmness of the morning air
the breeze light and fair
A blazing sun peaks through the sheers
My eyes open
to the miracle of a new day
As I breathe my first breath of the day
A mother robin's song comes my way
With a smile on my face
I think whom do I thank for such beauty and grace?
The dark of night is gone
time to get a move on
One more minute I linger and
 ponder who has created all this?
Then mother robin sings to me
"The Lord God Almighty has done all this.
He wants to give you more
but He can't till you open that door."
Off she flew
Left me not knowing what to do
Open what door?
"Your heart" sings now the sparrow
"Open your heart and let His love flow" called Mother crow
Wait, did I hit my head?
Why are all these birds 'round my bed?
Who is this Lord they chirp about?
When can I give Him a shout?
"Now" said the finch as it swooped in and gave me a pinch
HOW? I grumbled in pain
"Ask Him to come" tweeted the bluejay on my window pane
WHY? I did blurt
"So He can bring healing for your hurts, peace to your heart
and eternal life to your soul"
All the birds then surrounded me
took my clothes in their beaks 
and lifted me gently high
into the sky
Paralyzed in fear I was as we flew towards a figure in white
A voice called to me that gave me a fright
"Don't be afraid, Just Believe"
But what if I fall?
"Do not be afraid for I am with you"
I've been doing fine
Will you join your heart to mine?
Can you promise to keep me forever and catch me when I fall?
"Oh child of mine, I've only ever wanted the best for you. 
It's why I do what I do"
Then the birds turned me about
and flew me home
Thank You Lord I did shout
once again in my bed
where the breeze was lite 
and the sun gave way to the night
My covers tucked around me
my eyes closed as I wondered
Was this a dream?



Mark 5:36 Don't Be Afraid, Just Believe
Gen 26:24 Do no be afraid, for I am with You

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.