Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mothers


We all have a Mother. They always hold a special space in our hearts. Whether near or far, Mother's always know the right thing to say and when to say it. I wrote this for my daycare children for their Mother's Day Tea a few years ago.  Though it was written for my day care children to celebrate their moms, I wanted to share it with everyone as a tribute to my mothers. I was blessed to have 2 moms in my life. My mother who gave birth to me and my mother who adopted me and raised me. Though my birth mother went home to be with the Lord over15 years ago, she is still with me in my heart.  Both of my mothers hold a special place in my heart and I thank The Lord God each day for these to very special women in my life!


Mothers
Mothers are tender as a rose
Mothers kiss us beneath our nose
Mothers scold us when we are wrong
Yet always make sure we know we belong
Each mother is one of a kind
There is no other 
Like another
You can try to look but you won’t find
Mothers have a special gift
To share with us each and everyday
So on this special day in May
We wish our Mothers well
and tell them they are swell
Many thanks to God for our Mother’s 
Cause who else could we smother
With lots of ooey gooey kisses and hugs
To our Mothers dear we say
WE LOVE YOU BIG MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.