Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Prayer for 2013



A few years ago The Lord knocked on my door many times before I finally listened to Him. Since then I've been on such an incredible journey. I can't help but tempt everyone to take this journey. It is different for everyone but the basics are pretty much the same. I want to start off 2013 to challenge those who have never taken the plunge and followed The Lord to make that one of your own challenges this year. To start you off I offer this prayer on your behalf. I'm not a professional, I'm not a pastor or anything along that lines. I am one of God's children calling my brothers and sisters to seek his kingdom. I leave you with this prayer. It's up to you what you do with it from here. God does answer prayer, give it a try. Happy New Year!
My Prayer for 2013

Oh Dear Father in Heaven
As the year 2012 comes to an end
thank you for all the love and mercy 
to your children you did extend
You carried us when we felt we can go no more
I can't help but adore You, our Eagle in the sky
Oh Lord most high come near
and listen to my prayer
for the new coming year
I pray for your guidance and protection
for the one who lives on the street
and the one who waits for treatment
I pray for good health and wealth
for all my family and friends
and please Father
bring some strength to the weak
shed some light in the lives of the meek
Restore hope to this world in such turmoil and loss
Open our eyes to Your Glory
Our heart to accept Your Gifts
Lead us to green pastures
and beside Your still waters
Teach us to listen to your voice
and know when you are near
Bless us all Father with Your grace, mercy and undying love
Keep watch on us from above
Send the angels down to us to remind us to repent 
and seek your hand
For you Father are the reason we are here
May this stay in our hearts all year
We place our trust in you
for thine is the kingdom
the power and glory be yours forever
In Christ Jesus name
Amen.


1 comment:

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.