Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Prayers for My Grammie

There is a very special lady in my life. Her name is Goldie. She is my last living Grandmother. She is nearing 91 and has altzheimer's. She has been ill lately and is on the weak side. As I pray for her peace and God's comfort for her, can I ask that you join me. We know she will be going home soon and we want to remember her the way we knew her best. The picture takes was a few years ago at Christmas time. My boys had bought her a teddy bear. The poem I wrote a while back but I was saving it for the right moment. That moment is now. This one is for my Grammie(as well all call her).

Lord please if my Grammie is on her journey home to you please help her to be at peace and in your comfort. Amen


Grammie

    Gracious and loving
    caRing and sweet
Always abiding by the Lord’s word
Memorable moments stuck in her mind
Many locked in to take with her
In hopes of living in
Eternal happiness with her Savior!
My Grammie so special is she
that she's has been left here a while longer you see
For it is He who is not ready for her
I know it is for Him she yearns
But not just yet Gram; Not yet your turn
Soak up those visions and smiles
So you have stories to tell
when you go up to Heaven to dwell
We will miss you oh for sure
But rest assured Our Savior will take care of us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.