Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Quarrel

This post is probably my most ambitous yet. How can I describe it? Hmmm, it's basically like a similar conversation to the one I had with God before I gave my heart to Him. I think it's what alot of people struggle with every day. I finally gave in to His attempts in August of 2010.  It was the best decision I ever made.
I'm not going to say anymore on it but let you decide for yourself- Would your conversation end the same way? Have you had this "quarrel" with The Lord yet? If not- Why not?

The Quarrel

You are there and see all that I do
I shut my curtains but you stay
Why won't you go away?
Where can I go from you Spirit?
Where can I flee from your Presence?
Can't you see I'm just fine on my own

I am your beacon in the dark
I will lead you through any storm
I see you stand all alone
I call to you but you turn away
I won't leave you this way
You mean so much more to me
Why won't you come towards my light
I'll remain here day and night
longing for you to come my way

I hide from your beacon 
 I won't let you see
the filth and scum I've become
These tattered clothes that fall
I want to curl in a little ball
How can you long for someone as dirty as I

My precious one, my love for you
is here for the taking 
but I will wait the day when you come to me
Your dirt and scars scare me not
by my side is where you ought to be
it pains my heart to see you lost and alone
Come to me my special one
Let me lift you
to where the eagle soars o'er the mountains
I'll fly you through the valleys
Sail with you along the fiercest streams
Come to me

How could you want me so much
I've done everything to ignore you
You intrigue me
but something about you causes me fear
I want to trust you
I am Scared to be closer to you

For you I gave my life
I'll wash you as clean as white
I'll protect you with all my might
Please dear one, reach your hand to me
Let me show you the road to eternity

Will I fall along the way?
What will I have to pay?
I still can't understand how I'll be made so clean and white
Why do you pursue me so much?

Because I love you

How can you love someone so wretched as me?

I created you to be like me
I created the Earth to provide for all your needs
I only ever wanted the best for you
I only ask you to trust and love me

HA! See a condition, I knew there was......Wait hold on
Love? Trust? and I'll be yours forever?and you'll be mine?
How can I be sure?

Give me your heart, Trust in Me, Seek me
I'll fill your heart with everlasting hope and love

OKAY! Well then
Take me Lord, to heights I've never been
Places I've never seen
Wash away my filth, make me clean
I vow to love you and trust you!
all the living days here on this earth

I abide in you and you in me
I'll not leave you or forsake you
When you call I will come.
I am the truth, the light and the life. 

Psalms 139:7(used in !st stanza)
John 15:4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


1 comment:

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.