Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas, the Gift from Heaven


This was my final Christmas poem that I wrote for 2012. As we get ready for the Christmas season 2019, I wanted to come back to this and share with you all.
Merry Christmas everyone! I pray you receive many blessings of good health and prosperity in the coming year. God Bless Everyone! Thank you Lord for this oh so special gift. I will treasure it forever.


Christmas, the Gift of Heaven

Colourful ribbons and bows
Frost upon your nose
Streets lined with glistening lights
Preparations have begun for the 
Holiest of nights
Stores are full of shoppers galore
as they buy more and more
T'is the season with much greed
we need to be reminded of a greater need
that stays all year round
not just when the snow falls to the ground
It's the poor and lost that need us the most
so before you give that toast
Open your heart to a time long ago
to an event I'm sure you'll know
Feast your eyes on that big bright star
that shone from afar
that led so many to see Heaven's gift
Look how we've fallen adrift
in a sea of hurts and unforgiveness
Let this be the time to give up those sins
and turn back to His love and kindness
May the Lord's grace and mercy
flood your heart with the desire to care
and may it cause you to share
His wondrous gifts
with each and everyone you meet
be sure to spread His love everyday
not just on Christmas Day
It's the ultimate gift that never stops giving
Straight from Heaven
My kind of gift.     


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.