Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Friday, December 14, 2012

I think we need reminders of the reason for the season!

Just another reminder of what should be in our hearts at Christmas time and the whole year through!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS and FRIENDS!


Don't Save It till Christmas Day

Glimmering lights bounce of the falling snow
Sweet smells of yummy treats linger slow
The magic fills the air 
Christmas shopping with care
but concentrate I cannot
for my thoughts they wander
to a time long ago in a place over yonder
where a special One in a manger lay

The bright shining star at top the tree
reminds of the angels shining high 
in the sky for all to see
just where hope of peace for mankind began
His birth oh what a gift for you and for me
Such a gift of love
sent from our Lord above

Decorations on each branch
remind of all the blessings for a second chance
to change our hearts and save our souls
to read and know the word
of our Gracious and Loving Lord

I ponder over songs of peace, love and joy
Savior smiles on every girl and boy
rejoice as families come together
no matter the weather
but Christmas needs to be more
there needs to be no more war
for all to obey and live by God's way

For the world to love and trust
in Jesus Christ is a must
To love and care for one another
as sister and brother
is the desire of The Father
So put down those weapons
silence the nasty tongues
and if it wouldn't be too much of a bother
Say MERRY CHRISTMAS
be kind and loving in every way
today and every day
Don't save it till Christmas Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.