Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Desire

A desire hidden with all of us is often ignored or taken as something else. I have a desire burning inside me and it will keep on burning every day until my Saviour returns to the Earth. The desire to be pain free, sorrow free, heartache free, free from darkness. Oh how much it burns but how sweet is the power that can subdue it all.



My Desire

Oh the loving desire in my heart
So deeply hidden within
I begin the day waiting for Him to bring it out
Only He can do it without a doubt
He’ll bring me from the dark to the light
There is not one man on Earth
Who could pull this desire from me
It’s perched way down in my heart
Awaiting the One

Many a day I wander
Hoping to subdue my desire
It burns in me like fire
I yearn for the One
Who can put this fire out
He’s coming soon,
I have no doubt

Oh how I count the days
Till He descends upon the Heaven's rays
Down to Earth
And rescues me from this fire within
and take me home to the true place I desire.




Phillipians 1:6 Being confident of this, that he who began good work in you, will carry it on completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.