Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gift of Jesus


As Christmas draws nearer and the shopping comes to an end, I thought I'd post this reminder of why the season came to be. It's nice to shop and buy but to recieve this special gift is the best reason of all!
I will have one more post for Christmas. I hope you have enjoyed my Christmas poems. Please do leave a comment below or on any of the Christmas poems.
Merry Christmas to All! May the Lord fill your hearts with warmth, love and many blessings in 2013.


The Gift of Jesus

Each year ‘bout December time
In the midst of chaos 
Begins the race to find the biggest and best gift of all
We stress and tire 
And search up to the wire
At any store or mall around
But can it be done?
Can we really find the biggest and best gift of all?
At the shopping mall?
Truly there must be a bigger and better gift?

Why it’s just under our noses,
The problem is we never stop to smell the roses
So how then could we ever know of the Bigger gift?

It’s larger than the biggest shopping mall,
Can’t fit it in a box
It's made for sharing when opportunity knocks
Whether we search high to the North
Low to the South then out to the East 
Back to the West as the oceans flow
Or where the winds blow
It's spread from your house to mine
And laced through our hearts

Still we fail to see 
We think it only comes once a year
So lend me your ear and I will tell 
Of the Biggest and Best Gift of All
That only One can deliver and surely He has

We must be eternally thankful
For the gift of which I speak is simple you see
It’s God’s gift of Jesus for you and for me.
There is just no other gift that can compare
The Biggest and Best Gift of All
Is ours for the taking.
Jesus was and is the Biggest Gift of  ALL!


Mathew 1:22-23All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet. The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel which means-God is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.