Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas



Christmas 

Sparkle, twinkling shining lights
help to take the dark from the night
the colours they glisten and bounce 
from snowflake to snowflake
all to the Glory of it's name sake

Jesus had come, Jesus had gone
but it's what He had done
that we remember the most
the message from the Heavenly Host
was clear as could be 
but falter did we
as Christmas draws near
reminded are we
of He who came to wipe our sins clear

Each light that twinkles,
each branch adorned
each gift wrapped in pretty paper 
A Heavenly reminder 
of a babe in a manger 
whose purpose was 
to spend his life teaching us of the Father's Love
and bring us to our Lord above

This Christmas season friends
I pray for one and all
that as you hang that last Christmas ball
You'll pause a moment and bow to pray
in thanks for that Glorious Day
when our Lord and Saviour came our way

Though He does not walk in the world with us
He's never left our side.
Let's not get lost in all the retail fuss
inside our hearts is where He needs to abide.

Merry Christmas Friends, Families and Foes
Glory to God in the highest
and on Earth peace to men on whom his favour rests





No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.