Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This has been my Christmas Wish and Always will be

I've been waiting for this season for a whole year! Yes, I can never get enough Christmas. The only thing that isn't the same from the Christmases when I was young is the lack of snow. The area where I now live doesn't seem to like having white Christmases, but that's not my point. This world has turned so far away from the real meaning of Christmas, the real reason for the season. There are many people that observe Christmas and celebrate but do we really know what it's all about.
I have written a few poems that are all about Christmas. I love Christmas for all the reasons it's meant to be especially because it's the time when we celebrate our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ's birth. No one knows the exact day this is supposed to be. It all depends on the place in the world where you observe. I believe in God's word and His gift to us. If we observe that on December 25th, then so be it. I celebrate my Lord everyday. Christmas is everyday. The festivities last a few days but Emmanuel is there all year
round! Come Emmanuel! Come!
This is what I wish for Christmas every day and every year!

Christmas Miracle

After all the stores have closed and lights go dim
I can’t help but draw to my thoughts of Him
That beautiful babe so tender and sweet
That would one day suffer a feat
But not be conquered when He fell
All for the glory of One we don't know well

We honour and celebrate every year
Yet seldom think of why He was here
Why should we when we have shopping malls 
and video games
What would we have to gain
Shouldn't we feel shame
How could we abandon such a friend
To our selfishness and idolatry, 
I hope there is an end

My Lord and Saviour He can save
Us all from a nasty grave
For that’s why this miracle came to be
He had to take the rap for you and me
Are we all so lost

Oh how I long to see that Peaceful Glory of Christmas
That has been lost along the way
My wish for Christmas is simply a Miracle
A Miracle in Faith
Faith that my family and friends
Will be still and listen to the silence of the Lord
In what is the most glorious time 
I wish for everyone, everywhere
to stop on Christmas Day if you dare
and love one another 
and receive the gift of our Father
again for the First time
Merry Christmas to one and all
Please remember He who took the fall 
And reach out to Him
Without Him your future will be grim.

Acts 3:18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets saying that his Christ would suffer; Repent then and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord and that he may send the Christ who has been appointed for you-even He must remain in Heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.