Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving my American Friends!


To all my Amercian, sister and brother and family members as you celebrate your Thanksgiving. Here in Canada we celebrated in October but everyday is an opportunity to give thanks. I join you in giving thanks today because I have so much to share. God is truly amazing for he does for us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! God Bless America and all who dwell.



Thanksgiving Blessing and Prayer

Thank you Lord for the earth on which we roam
Thank you Lord for the land on which we build our homes
Thank you Lord for the morning light
and the moon that gives light to the night
Thank you for the creatures big and small
for in some ways they are a blessing to us all

In these days when the air is cold,
it warms me through to know Your heart is pure like gold
It's over flowing love surrounds us like a glove
I am filled with joy and peace as I set my table here
and hope for my family and friends as they draw near
on this fine fall day
this blessing I will ask if I may

Lord, today I pray for peace and tranquility
in the hearts of all my American sisters and brothers
May you bless each heart with a perfect helping
of grace and healing
Serve up a delightful side of compassion and forgiveness
and please don't don't forget to top it off with and good scoop of mercy
Open all the eyes with hope and humble pies
then tuck into each heart a cup of Heaven's perfect tea
and lay each one down to rest with a careful touch of your joy and admiration
Please pour this blessing onto every nation
near and far
to remind us all we are here because of who You are
Thank you Lord for giving us the one
so our sins could be undone.
May we always put our trust and faith in you
in everything we do
May we seek your blessing each and every day
and not just on Thanksgiving Day.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.