Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Owl in the Clouds

I Love to watch the clouds. They can be so mystical. Yes they can be dark and full of stormy weather, but the white fluffy ones are the ones I am talking about. When was the last time you laid on the ground and just gazed up at the clouds. I love taking time to do that. I watch the sky often as I walk. A few years back an image of a cross was revealed to me in the crisp morning sunrise. An image I cannot even begin to describe it's splendour. Then just last spring I was out for a walk and I looked up and saw something perculiar. It looked as though the face of a wise old owl had been painted in the sky. I didn't have a camera with me but it was really neat. When I went home I wrote this poem about my Owl in the Clouds. In my search for a picture to add with this, I was unable to come up with a photo that was like what I saw. This one I have here is the closest I'll get to the image I saw. At least it will give you an idea.     


Owl in the Clouds

High up in the cluster of clouds
There peering down at me
Was the face of a wise old owl
I felt it stare from under its brow
It’s gaze like that of a father watching his child
I couldn’t help but stare 
Back into its glare
Its gaze filled me with such warmth
As though the Lord himself was there
Not taking my eyes off him
I reached up to the sky
Pulses of love wriggled through me 
Down to my toes
I felt myself being lifted high
Upon the clouds I did walk
With that wise old owl
Though he did not talk
We danced and flew through
The sky of blue 
In and out of the clouds
Then back to the ground
Without a sound
He smiled and returned to the cloud in the sky
As I turned for home I felt his whisper
“I’ll carry you wherever you roam”
I spoke not a word
But continued my walk home
How awesome is that?
A whisper to lift me high
From the owl in the clouds.



Deuteronomy 1:31 and in the desert. There you saw how The Lord you God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reaches this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.