Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Remember Our Fallen Brothers and Sisters

 I wrote this as a tribute for Remembrance Day a few years back. It's hard to just give tribute to the fallen soldiers of yesterday but I also have total respect and love for the soldiers of today's wars. God Bless You All!

To the soldiers then and now, there isn't a day that I don't feel blessed because of the work you do for my freedom! I thank The Lord God Almighty for giving you the call to serve in the name of peace. May one day everyone lay down their guns for good. Thank you dear soldiers. Thank you.



Soldiers Dear on Remembrance Day
Listen here to a tale that happened
not so long ago
but when it will forever end we do not know
 Soldiers strong and bold
their courage never grew old
They gave up homes and lives
to help keep us alive
Tucked into their beds of mud and bugs
while we continue to share special moments and hugs
to protect the innocent was their goal.
Sons and daughters
brothers and sisters
and fathers alike
all gathered amongst strangers
to become rangers
in the fight of their lives
all for me and you
 
Though some have gone
before the dawn
their purpose stayed true
they wanted peace and unity just like me and you
senseless battles they did fight
to help try and make things right
to these soldiers what do we owe?
a great amount of thanks
for all the battles on the banks
of enemy rivers
to think of it gives me shivers
So join me will you please
with prayers of thanks and blessings too
for our veterans near and far
because of the special thing they did for me and you
Let us remember them all not just today but EVERYDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.