Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

He is forever mine...and I His!


Nov 13, 2012, at the front of my church I stood and gave my testimony as to why I chose Jesus as my Saviour. The peace and renewal I felt from that moment stays with me today and I know will stay with me forever. Around this time I had written this poem about the silly things that we hold with value but not looking at where our values should. It seemed a fitting poem for what was about to happen with me. 


My New Life

Pish, posh, pot pourri
All these possessions just for me!
I’ll take this one and that one
Before the day is done!
Not because I need
If surrounded by possessions is the way to go
Why do I feel so low?
I should be on a natural high
But how else can I get by?
There can’t be another way
Can there?

I’ve heard of someone so mighty and big
Who has created this land?
Someone so big He can be seen everywhere
But who can this be?
And why would there be a second chance for me?

Grace, mercy, forgiveness
Is that what will fix my mess
Just to ask for all this
And receive a life of Heavenly Bliss?

WOW!

Then pour it on Oh Mighty One
For with my old life I am done
From now on it’s a new life for me!



Deuteronomy 30:20 And that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give your fathers.
Joshua 24:15 But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.