Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, October 28, 2012

7 Candles


Candles are beautiful. I love them. I love to stare at their flame as it flickers. I love what they often represent. Tonight I light 7 candles because Jesus is my light. As long as my light is forever I can get through anything life throws at me.


7 Candles

I light a candle of repentance
As I kneel to pray for deliverance
and pray for Him to shed some light
on my messed up day
I ended my day in darkness like the night
I must now confess before I sleep all the sins I do keep

I light a candle for forgiveness
for all the sins I do confess
Conviction is near
The Lord's wrath I do fear
I am truly sorry for all I've done

I light a candle for mercy and grace
Even though I do sin
His anger holds no place
His love will conquer all
and He will catch me when I fall

I light a candle for hope
as I begin a new day
in hopes My Lord will pave my way
as I travel down the road to serve
and that He'll guide me around each curve

I light a candle for faith
that my daily bread He will bring
filled with His strength and wisdom for my day
and to Him praises I will forever sing

I light a candle for love
A love so grand
that it can only come from God's Mighty Hand
May it be forever flowing
into our hearts and forever will this candle stay glowing

I light a candle in remembrance
of my second chance
For God so loved the world He sent is only son
so that His will could be done
We are loved and free
Keep this candle flame within our hearts
burning forever
and He will be there with us throughout each and every endeavour.

John 8:12When Jesus spoke to the people again he said "I am the light of the world, Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.