Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, October 4, 2012

True Friends

I've had many friends throughout my life, most of which have moved on and only give me a call once in a blue moon. There are some of those friends that even though we went our separate ways we found our way back to each other. These are true friends. I've also met new friends in the past few years that are more than just friends they are brothers and sisters and I value them very much. So to all my friends, past present and future here is a little something for you.


True Friends

They are there when I need
There when I don’t
Special blessings sent to me 
to help do good deeds
They love me when I’m happy
They love me when I’m down
And even when I’m grumpy
And have a frown
Friends are here to teach
But not to preach 
Friends are little blessings in disguise
For those rainy days with dark skies
Friends stick by you in times of hurt and sorrow
They sometimes have thoughts you’ll need to borrow
Thoughts to help you through those times
I have but a few of these
But it’s all I need
 With this circle of friends and 
The Lord at our side
The possibilities will never end
True friends are treasures to hold up high
For the ones not so true will always pass you by.


1 Samuel 18:1,3After David finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David. He loved him as himself….Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.