Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

8 years and counting

Last month of September 11 it marked my 8th wedding anniversary for my husband and I. We didn't have much to give gift wise so I wrote this for my husband as a gift to him. 

This Day Our 8th Forever and for Always

Eight years ago I married my best friend
and pledged there'd be no end
Twas then a fire in me lit
from a tiny spark
that turned my world from dark
we seemed a perfect fit
life moved quick
and pulled us through thin and thick
it tested us till we were weary
but through it all when I got teary
you were there
You were there just for a smile
or to push me that mile
you were here then and now
not sure how
but we've made it through
God brought me to you for reasons unknown
but hear me when i say
He blessed our union on this day
and promised to let us be together forever
and in the power of prayer
i believe He has remained true
to me and you
So as I remember our pledge on that day 8 years ago
forever in your arms I'll always feel
how much you want me
Forever in your heart I'll always hear a beat for every kiss you give
Forever in your eyes I'll always see the look of the one loves me
I pray you'll do the same
I said then and I say it now
I'm keeping you forever and for always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.