Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Little Marriage Blessing

As it was approaching a faimly wedding I sat down to write a special blessing to the happy couple and came up with this. I also then wrote one for the couple themselves, but I'll save that for another day. So many of us get married but don't always have the blessing of Our Father. After all shouldn't the Father bless the union first?


Today You Marry

In this world are two souls
Who are destined to be one
We make ourselves crazy
Finding the right one
Few think they do
But end up alone
Then there is the two of you
You have found your way 
Through all the sea of searching souls
to match from Heaven
A whole new start is on your doorstep
The possibilities are endless
Love the Lord 
For your union He will bless
He will fill your hearts more times than you’ll know
With blessings at home or on the go
Just listen for His guidance
He’ll take you a distance
Only He will know
Cherish one another
Respect each other
Have faith in your partner
And our Lord God above
For He will be with you
All stops on the way
Congratulations for finding your way,
 to your best friend.





Ephesians5:25-28Husbands love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. To make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word and to present her to himself as a radiant church without stain, wrinkle or any other blemish but hold and blameless

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.