Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, October 1, 2012

Somewhere?


I love the night time sky. I could sit and stare and marvel at the stars all night. I have a few times over the year. Each time I ponder what Heaven is really like. I sat there one day humming this oh so familiar song :Somewhere Out There and thought that it was a good base for a poem.  (adapted from the 1986 hit song Somewhere Our there by Linda Rondstadt and James Ingram)

 So I began writing about how a room is being prepared for me in the Heavenly Kingdom and one day I'll be there. It's so dreamy, like the way I feel when I look up into the night sky. Yes this idea was brought to life by the 1986 hit song Somewhere Out there by Linda Rondstadt and James Ingram. There maybe one or two phrases the same but  I don't even think it would flow smooth if you sang it. Needless to say it's a great way of thinking about the Lord's Kingdom.



Somewhere?
Somewhere up there

Above the pale blue sky

Someone’s thinking of me and loving me tonight

Somewhere in here I will say a prayer

That I’ll find my way out to Him

Through that big somewhere out there

And even though I know He’s never very far away

He prepares for my arrival and waits upon a bright star

And even though I know I’ll stumble along the way

It helps to think that He’ll come back for me one bright fine day.

Somewhere, somehow His love will bring me through

So we may be together somewhere up there, where dreams come true

Somewhere up there in the dark night sky


Someone prepares a room for me 



And makes it all just right

Somewhere down here

I’ll keep preparing myself for Him

Praying, studying, sharing His word

Even though I know how very hard 

It will be to keep evil from lurking near

My faith will stab it with God’s spear

And somewhere, somehow our love

Will bind us together

Until one day when we join each other

Way up there somewhere.




1Corinthians 2:9-10 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for  those who love him." but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things even the deep things of God.







No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.