Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, October 15, 2012

Thank you for being a friend


In life there are many people that we encounter that in different degrees. Some help us for but a moment, others stay with us from childhood to adulthood. God knows who we need in our lives to meet our needs and people who need us to help them. I've had many friendships, acquaintances , co workers, neighbours that have come in and out of my life numerous times. Very few have stayed true, but there are a select few who have really made a difference in my life and really are genuine about our friendship. God knows who they are and what purpose they have in my life. Life gets busy and we forget about each other. Years ago I had written to my friends I was leaving behind when I was going away to college. Now almost 23 years later I have rewritten a good portion of it. There are many new friends in my life now and some faithful older friends. To these wonderful gifts/friends, from our Heavenly Father, I thank you for being my friend. This is also to honour the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends who ended her battle with cancer just a few years ago  now(June 8, 2015). 
Love ya Donna and I know you'll remember when I wrote this. 
Till we meet again....

Thank you For Being a Friend

I am as blessed as blessed can be
To have this beautiful gift sent to me
To my friend I want to say
A Ring is round and has not an end
This is how long I’ll be a friend
We sail through ups and downs
And know each other by heart
It hurts when we're apart

I am as blessed as blessed can be
to have such a gift sent to me
We seem as inseparable as can be
Always there when we need
 even when we’d rather flee
There will be a time when we must part our ways
It will be sad, 
I pray our friendship stays
As true as when it was new
but if our hearts belongs to our Lord
I know that together forever we can remain
No matter the borders
No matter the mountains in our way
As long as friendship is filled with the Lord
We will be together again someday.

I am as blessed as blessed can be
To have such a gift sent to me.
God sends us friends to help us on our way
Friends to remind us to keep our faith and trust
Friends to cry on if we must
Friends who love and care
And stand beside us when we are stripped bare

I am blessed as blessed can be 
To have such a gift sent to me.
Thank you friend for all you are
Thank you friend for staying with me whether we were near or far
Thank you friend
for being there until our end
I am blessed as blessed can be
To have such a gift sent to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.