Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, October 21, 2012

OASIS


Every Wednesday morning at my church there is a women's coffee hour. It's time for worship, fellowship, bible study and bascially just a break from the hustle and bustle of our week. One day I thought I'd put the experience into a poem. I haven't been able to attend this group for awhile now. I sure do miss all my sisters. This is for them. This mid week group gives us the feeling of  our Oasis in our stressful or dry week.


OASIS

Week to week
Young and old
Our Saviour’s hands we do hold
Our heads up high to worship
He who’s in the sky
Hearts are open, sharing
Spiritual hunger is what we seek
Our weekly rendezvous is perfect
When things seem bleak
Pull up a chair
Fill up a cup
Let the Lord come
Take your worries and lift you up
For it’s refreshment hour
Where the women gain their power
To fight the evil one
Let the Lord’s work be done
Come sneak away to an OASIS
That will leave you filled with Heaven’s Bliss
Open your hearts and souls to the
Glory belonging to the Lord
Praise the Lord for our meeting place
Where the women meet and learn of His Grace
For because of Him we are Free
Now ain’t that the right place to be?





Hebrews 10:24-25And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.