Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, October 22, 2012

My Special Little Sister

Our children are so vulnerable to so much now a , bullying, peer pressure, social expectations. It's a hard world for them to grow in. It is this reason that we feel more joy when one of our children turns to God. A short time ago a young daughter of a friend made that leap of faith and was baptized the same day I was. I was so thrilled to share in this moment with her. I wrote her this little poem to show her how special she truly is.



For My Special Little Sister

There is a special girl
For Christ she gives a whirl
Dedicated and devoted
Her young faith will be truly noted
While most are drooling over hair doos and shoes
She sets her sights for a prize
More cosmic in size
For the Lord has called her name
And she did obey
Many were in dismay
This special girl held true to his words
Up on the podium poised like a bird,
 She delivered to all 
Her message of obedience
For the Lord of beauty and radiance
In hopes He’d pour down on her 
Some of that heavenly myrrh
That more people need to feel
My dear special little sister
Received the best part of the deal
As I stood there to greet her when all was done
I knew the Holy Spirit had surely come
Through her eyes we see
The power that be
Here for the taking as long as we ask
Praise the Lord for the innocence of this child
May we look to her before going WILD!



1 Timothy 4:12Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.