Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, September 3, 2012

To Dad with Love!

Being adopted, I always felt different and not sure of my place. My family that had adopted me are the most beautiful people one could ever want to meet. I was 7 when I came to them. They instantly considered me part of their family, including the sibling rivalry. They gave me the best life they knew how to give and it was overly filled with Blessings of many kinds. So why did I have such a hard time with fears of being rejected or abandoned? I held on to those fears so long that I lived them out in so much of my life. I'm now just learning to let them go, that I am worthy and I won't be rejected. I've also learned that if I am ever rejected there is One who will never reject me and that is the Lord Our God. Oh if I could have known this as a child. But time is gone and I can't get it back. I can be thankful for the life I did have and the parents the Lord brought me too. Every year I strive to find the most fantastic way I can show my parents how much I love them and thank them for the life they gave me. I wrote this a few years back for Father's Day and my dad's birthday(they were so close together) I couldn't think of a gift because my parents have everything they need. So I wrote this as a gift to my dad. It's a long one but it sums it all up. I love you Dad! 


To My Perfect Protector

One day many years ago
In a small Ontario town
There was a small girl desperate for someone to love her
Someone to watch over her
These needs weren’t being fulfilled
He had a plan

In another town there was a man and his wife
Who had more love in their hearts to share
But didn’t know where to put that love
 He had a plan

The two searched and searched
But could not find a place to share their love
 He had a plan

The little girl was lost, hurt and confused
He had a plan

A cycle of pain and frustration had now began
A call came through for the man and his wife one day
For He had a plan

This little girl was on the move again
This little girl was to live with the man and his wife
But didn’t understand why
Because He had a plan

The man and his wife were overjoyed
The man and his wife couldn’t imagine letting the little girl go
For He had a plan

The little girl became smitten with her new protector
This little girl soon felt like the luckiest girl on the planet
For He had unveiled his plan!

The man and his wife were pleased with this plan
But weren’t sure about the little girl
For His plan was confusing to the little girl back then

She couldn’t understand why it had to happen
Why would He take her from them
If He brought her there to earth through them
Throughout her life she always held that question in her heart until one day…………
It made sense

His plan was to provide the little girl with the perfect protector
To love and shelter His special child
Until she was to return to Him

His plan was for the man and his wife to be the perfect protectors
To shelter this little girl with as much love as He gave her
Because He only knows perfection and only wants the best for HIS children

This man is called my dad and 
Dad, I'm so happy He chose YOU!
He chose you for my Dad because He knew
That you were the perfect one to fill that role

I was missing so much in my life
I am yours because of Him
There isn’t a day that goes by
That I don’t thank Him for doing this for me

And there is no better way to thank you
For stepping up to the plate and accepting this Mission from God
We often don’t know why we are on this earth
But I know one of your reasons is to be my loving and sheltering protector
Sent from the Lord above to keep watch over me,
Until I return to my Heavenly Father.
I Thank You Lord for the Perfect Father!
Happy Father’s Day Dad!

4 comments:

  1. tear up every time!!
    This verse fits perfectly to this poam
    3John - 4 I could have no greater joy than to here that my children are following the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for posting again. Makes me cry. WIll make sure Dad gets on facebook to read it. He read it before but will love to read it again.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.