Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mighty Hand


High up above in the Heavens He watches down upon the world. Ready with His mighty hand to help us when we need, be reassured we are always under the protection of God's mighty hand. Now isn't that a comfort in itself?


Mighty Hand

It reaches down from Heaven Above
To hold and protect us when evil comes our way
It holds us gently when we need rest
Or strong and tight when we can’t hold on 
It is what we fear the most
            The Mighty Hand of God
It could come slashing down by anger or comforting when we call
When my heart is hurting and I don’t know what to do
I look to the skies and reach to the Mighty Hand
in hope it will lead me
 down the path of righteousness
He will redirect me when I fall
His Mighty Hand pulls me down the straight and narrow
Oh how comforted I am by that
Mighty Hand
So strong and loving
Why would anyone not want to be wrapped in such a
Mighty Hand
The Mighty Hand of God


1Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under God’s mighty hand that he may lift you up in due time. Cast your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.