Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Worried Mom


This was written for a friend of mine when she was about to let her son go on a journey far away from home. She struggled and worried but in the end the decision was made not for him to go due to other circumstances. She knows who she is. I know she's struggling with a few issues right now so I wanted to post this in hopes it will encourage her as well as any other mothers out there who are worried about their children. Whether it be that they are away at university or run away or just simply have a sleep over. The Lord is with us and our children no matter where we are. Give your worries to the Lord. His watching over your children.

Prayer for a Worried Mom

Dearest Lord
Please take the worries of my friend
And crumble them into a ball
Then crush them to pieces with 
Your Mighty Hand
Throw them far away
Replace them with strength and courage
Fill her heart with love and anticipation of the stories yet to come
When her son returns home
And while he is away
Keep her thoughts directed on those who stay
And keep her worries at bay
I pray You throw an extra dose of strength and courage her way
I pray this day for my friend
That she takes from You trust
That her little man will be just fine with us
We’ll open all our hearts to him and 
Blanket him with all the love 
Just as he has at home
Thank you Lord for giving us this chance to help a friend
Please help us to make this a memorable one for her young son
Bless my friend, a worried mom
With all the blessings You can give.
In our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ’s name
Amen.


Mathew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.