Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

His Waters Flow

I've had great response to my last post Beside Still Waters, so I thought I'd continue the "water" trend. When I think of God's love and what awaits me when I go home to Him, I automatically think of flowing streams of water and waterfalls, rivers and anything along that line. I've always been at peace at the lakeside or riverbank. It's been a source of peace and tranquility for me. So it's no wonder I often go to water related subjects when I am composing. I have a few that are centered around rivers, oceans etc... The next few postings will have something to do with flowing waters because God's love is forever flowing down from Heaven. It's what we do with it when it comes towards us.


Flowing Waters

There is a mighty rock on which I stand
It is not anywhere here on the land
Waters flow right from Him
Free and everlasting
Have you ever heard of such a thing?
This is My God you see and
His Love flows forever free
From His Mighty River in the sky
Waiting for me to sip as it passes by
As like a spring, it seeps deep into my soul
I feel His love nourish and fill the hole
When I get weary I reach my hands up to the sky
and dip into His springs,
a daily dose is what I need
for Him to save me from an awful grave
His springs are full for everyone
Waiting for them to drink
Just reach up and hold on tight
As His waters flow down all day and night
Some find the rock and sip its waters everyday
Others see the flow but turn away
Forever lost in the stream of despair
Come stand with me upon this Mighty Rock
and wait for His free flowing waters

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.