Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Be Still Listen to the Silence of The Lord

I learned very early on as a new Christian that sometimes I just needed to stop asking so many questions and praying so much in order to hear God's answers. I was looking for answers in the wrong places. Not sure what it was that told me to be silent but somewhere I caught on to that idea. So I began praying then waiting for answers.The more I listened, the more I heard God and his answers for me. It turns out He answered me in so many ways already, that I almost missed the blessings that came with it. It's still hard sometimes but it's so worth it when you wait it out and are left with an amazing blessing! It's often in the hidden silent things that God speaks to us. When will you be silent? (Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.)

Silence of the Lord

Be still and listen to the Silence of the Lord
Only when we are silent and still
Can we hear the Silence of the Lord
He speaks in the whispers of the wind
The flapping of the waves
In the calmness of the day
The quiet of the night
The Lord speaks to us in ways we do not always hear
So Shhhhh!
Open your ears and listen to the Silence of the Lord
How calming it can be
With every breath you take without a sound
He still speaks to thee
When you touch a foot to the ground
Feel the rays of sun as you look to the sky
Feel the heat of the day or the cold of the night
He speaks to thee
Whether we’re alone or with company
Happy or sad
Joyful or hurt
If we would just listen more to the
Silence of the Lord!






No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.