Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yet To Come

One day shortly after I gave my heart to The Lord, I really started getting excited for something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. As I learned more about the Gospel, I started figuring it out. In the midst of what seems an never ending battle of worldly stresses, I am comforted to know that one day it will all end. One day there will be no more crying, pain, disease, hurts. One day we will see this world turn back to joy, peace and everything it was meant to be. Now isn't that something to be excited for? My best days are yet to come, even though I have lived some of the best already.


Yet to Come

Best day of my life
Has yet to come
I pray forgiveness for all I’ve done
I know I tried
But always fell short
To You I always cried to make it right
By all your might 
Lord they tell me You are amazing
You are not like anything
That which you’ve created here on Earth
But yet You came to us through birth
And look what we did to You
How can I expect the best day of my
 life to be still ahead of me?
For the promise You would return
to bring us home still remains
Oh how I await that day
This Earth will be in such disarray
Oh but the joy You will bring
I can’t help but sing
My Saviour will come!
My Saviour’s work will be done!
I await my love
Who is coming from above!
Shout out loud
For the coming of the Lord!
Hooray for this day!
Hallelujah!




2 Peter 3:8-9But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. They Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

Psalms 40:1-2I waited patiently for the Lord: he turned to me and heard my cry, He lifted me out of the slimy pit out of the mud and mire

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.