Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mystery Child

Back a number of years, I had been married for an extremely brief time. During that time I thought I had the world. I had a husband, we were planning on a family and maybe buy a house. Life was great, or so I thought. Around the time of our planned wedding I had gone to the doctor because pregnancy was suspected. The result I got confused the heck out of me for about a week. They had told me the test was negative so with my head hung low in disappointment I returned home. By the time I got home I had a message saying the test went positive. The doctor ruled it was negative cause how can it show 2 results in less that 5 mins? So we left it at that. Well much to my dismay about a week later I was in the bathroom and had something happen that I didn't think possible. For many years I went in doubt as to whether or not I saw what I saw in the toilet that one day. To this day I'll never know for sure. However, since I have been through 2 full term pregnancies and did some reading on the internet I am convinced that what I saw that day was a miscarriage of the baby my doctor told me wasn't there. I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't understand why it happened the way it did and it didn't sink in as a miscarriage because the medical professional I spoke to said I wasn't pregnant. So why think it was a miscarriage. Up until I came to Christ and started inner healing did I come to term with this and admitted to myself it was a miscarriage and there was a reason it happened. That reason was just 8 months after we got married my husband at the time walked out with no explanation. This happened in 1996. It took me until 2011 to forgive myself. This poem is the way I've been able to let it go. I know there are hundreds of women out there that have suffered this so I hope this can help in your healing too. God Bless My little baby who I'll meet one day in eternity. Here is a dedication to my mystery child.

To My Mystery Child

You are somewhere but
I’ll never know just where
I never had the chance to experience you
Just as quickly as you were discovered away you went
I’ll never hear your heart beat
I’ll never feel you kick
Who were you to become?
I guess it wasn’t my time to be a mom
Things weren’t great at that point in time
Not a good time for you to come
So I guess my young one when you left
It was plain to see that the Lord above was telling me
“Not now dear one,
I will take this child and keep it close to me
Until I deem it time for you to be a mom”
So I’m sorry my child for our loss but to me you’ve gained eternity
I heard it from the LORD!


Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.