Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Counselled through prayer


Ok so after some very significant prompting from the Lord I had finally given in and turned to him. I said okay that was easy, not too bad. I soon started feeling like I wasn't worthy and how could I beloved after ignoring Him for so long. There were things I did that were not nice at all. I didn't experience the worst things in life but went down some pretty horrible roads. Soon after becoming a believer I started to have issues rest on my heart that just wouldn't go away so I got in touch with the women's ministry director at my church and had a session with her. Wow! I didn't realize how much baggage I was attached to. I needed those chains to come off and be dealt with in order for me to continue to grow with the Lord. I felt so empowered at the end, that I actually went home and threw a couple bunches and kicks and said "TAKE THAT YOU EVIL THING!". I was of course speaking to the devil. I finally felt free of the holds he had on me. I won't let him hold those chains anymore. My chains are broken, I've been set free. That afternoon I went home and wrote these two poems. One telling satan to get lost and leave my life and the other was basically telling God I'm his and to come on in to my life and make the changes needed. Such an amazing feeling. I felt so victorious. 

Be Gone you Evil Thing

Oh dear you evil one how misled are you
 To think you had such a hold on me
For so long I allowed you to take hold
But if you’ll excuse me for being so bold
Be Gone With You SUCH EVIL THING!
I’ve smashed my chains and sent you packing!
No more will you have me wrapped
No more will you have your grasp on me
I’ve returned to the Lord My God and Jesus My Saviour
I’ve no room in my heart for you

You are NOT WELCOME!
I live for Jesus NOW!

One by one those chains I smashed
One by one those bad emotions I crushed
One by one those bad memories I banished
With the help of My Lord Jesus
Oh how good that felt!
 So Be Gone You evil one!
Leave this Soul Alone
I live for Jesus now!
You are Not Welcome Anymore!
 My God he shields me
He guides me in my days
For his glory is what I see
I’ll not even let you in when I am weak
 So Be Gone evil one!
Leave This Soul Alone!
I Live for Jesus now!
you are Not welcome anymore

James 4:7-8ubmit yourselves, then to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands you sinners and purify your hearts you double minded

Glorious One

Come to me O Glorious One
Come fill my heart with grace and mercy
And give no room for the evil that lurks
Come top my heart up with love and forgiveness
So much that I have no choice but to share
It with every person I meet
Come fill my heart with joy so much
That it radiates through me
You are the rock on which I stand
Without you there’d be no me to fill
So pour it on O Glorious One so that
I always have your love to keep me going
Your grace and mercy when I start to steer the wrong direction
And your forgiveness when I goof
O My Gracious One I adore You!
Come fill me with love everyday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.