Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Friday, September 14, 2012

Another gift- My Grammie!

As mentioned a few times before God has blessed me with some of the greatest people in my life. Yesterday my boys were the highlight, last week my parents and now this week my Grammie. Yes grandparents day was Sunday but I had other ideas for that night's post. So today in honor of grandparents day and because I love her so, I celebrate this beautiful young lady my Grammie. She's 90 yrs young, has altzheimer's and is in a wonderful long term center. I miss her like crazy. Even though she is still here on earth, it's different when I visit. Each visit I leave mourning the times we had that can no longer be. It's hard to watch her sit in that chair day after day. Some days, just getting a word out is difficult for her. She was and is and always will be one of my greatest blessings in life.  I'm sure my siblings will agree. Her kindness and gentleness will always be felt. I wrote a few poems about her. One was just for fun to reassure myself and her that it's not her time yet but it's coming soon and the other was for her birthday this past year. So here's to my Grammie one of the most beautiful women I know!
***************************************************

My prayer for Grammie as she turns "90"

My Dear Lord,
Years ago you brought into my life a lady so special and kind
To teach me how to be just as kind
and love me unconditionally
at a time in my life when i hadn't known
just which family to call my own
she took me in her arms and was so welcoming
she taught me oh so many things
and listened quietly to the music i did make
I knew it then and i know it now
right from the start her love for me was there
everyday she prayed a blessing for my siblings and I
and she made the best blueberry pie
Lord, although her memory is so lost
i know she's there and asks for blessings from you to us
cause it was and is always You she trusts
I only wish I could have asked for as many blessings as she did
I ask Lord, for you, to shower her with overflowing blessings
and eternal peace
wrap Grammie in your arms and hold her oh so close
She's always kept You in her sight
Protect her with all your might
Provide her with the strength and courage to continue on
as she lives out her life here on Earth
I pray that one day soon,
You'll let my Grammie have the dance with her handsome Prince once more
Not sure what you still have in store
But I pray that this 90th day since her birth be filled with plenty of Blessings here on Earth.
In Jesus Name, I pray
AMEN.
I love you Grammie more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.