Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Robin


One day back about the 3rd weekend in May, I had set out to plant my garden. Since my husband was out of town I was on my own. Physically demanding but I could do it, or so I thought. The more I got into the task, the more difficult it became. After a short bit I started to feel worn out and like I couldn't go on. I started praying for someone to come along. But there was no one. Well so I thought. God heard my prayers and sent me the robin you see above. I didn't see the connection  for a few minutes but when I did I was in awe and soon finished my garden. This is my 3rd year with a garden. I'm no where near an expert but this is my best year of gardening so far. I owe it all to this mama bird who went searching for worms while I tilled my soil by hand, and to the Lord my God who sent me help when I needed it most. 

The Robin

Straining task today I had
And boy am I glad
I prayed to You my Lord 
For strength to make it through
I prayed to be held up by You
Cause fatigue was all I could feel
Your arms I needed around me
 Strong as steel
I prayed for a helper
You sent a little chirper
Why I asked?
Why would You send me a tiny bird Lord?
She couldn’t help me,
How absurd!
As the day progressed a realization came to me
You sent little miss robin with 
A message as plain as can be
If a creature as small as she
Can provide food for her family
Then so can I
I asked for strength you sent me a bird
Reminded me of Your word 
That with You all things I can do
So I pressed on feeling renewed.  
The task is now complete
The feelings of inability are in defeat
I pray now for the gift of a green thumb
To provide an abundance of food
For my family with love from mom.
Thank You O Lord
For reminding me to take it to your word
When I feel smaller than a bird
My little helper the robin
Who would have thought 
You’d use her for Your message to be taught. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.