Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Abundance of Blessings

It's amazing when you slow down and take note of everything in life that is happening when you have the Lord on your side, just how many blessings you really have. It is so hard for us to understand how God gives us so much even though we do nothing to deserve the things we get. I've always felt blessed for everything I have and remind myself often of those who don't, but I never really truly realized how much until I turned to the Lord. Even when I said to Him :Lord I have messed up and have done many things wrong. He continued to pour out blessings to me. If I don't find at least one blessing a day then the enemy has gotten in. Trust me I don't let that happen. I take every opportunity to soak in whatever blessing I receive. One day not too long ago, I just sat outside and marveled at the magnificence of the blessings right in my back yard. How often have you just sat there especially when in troubled times and counted your blessings. I've lost track of mine. They are renewed every single morning when I awake. Counts yours today!


 Abundance of Blessings

Never do I need to go that far
For outside my back door
A view like no other
Of which I give praise to You
From petal to petal
Through each leaf 
Up to the top of the tree
Your splendor lives all around
An abundance of blessings abound
Your love is spread
Over valleys and fields
Up to the mountain tops
Showers of blessings do not stop
Oh my Lord why do you treat us so well
For we’ve done nothing to deserve these precious gifts
Your generosity leaves us a drift 
in a sea of grace
 we should be tossed into a sea of disgrace
Oh my Lord I cannot help but sing
Praise to You for all You give 
Oh Lord as I look outside my back door
There is an abundance of blessings being poured out
It makes me want to shout
Praises to you beyond where my words can be heard
You pour out so much more than I can catch in a day
Open my eyes and help me catch some more.
Oh the abundance just outside my back door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.