Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blessings for 9/11 Heroes

With this being anniversary of 9/11, I would like to pay tribute to anyone affected by the events of that horrific day. Join with me please in prayer for the survivors, families, friends and everyone hurt by 9/11. Our firefighters, police officers, paramedics and many others showed true courage on that day as did many other service men and women. God Bless our firefighters, your job is no easy task. We thank you for putting your lives on the line for us not just on that horrible day but everyday.

My Friend the Firefighter

There’s a fire
Better get on the wire
It’s spreading oh so fast
What’s that sound?
It’s my friend the firefighter
To this fire he will give a blast
His life goes on hold
As he fights this fire bold
The fire will consume all in its path
But not my friend
The firefighter brave is he
As he throws on to the fire all his wrath
The beast strikes back
But my fighter won’t back down
He could have stayed in town
Instead he chose to face this beast
Head to head
Day and night
He stays to fight
Won’t sleep in his bed until this fire is out of sight
So for the courage to step up and answer the call
To protect us all
The bravery to hang in and not accept defeat
The strength to keep going when he wants to rest his feet
I applaud him
I love him
I thank him
I honour him for answering his call to serve
I pray to Our Lord for continued blessings
Upon my friend the firefighter
Lift him high O Lord for all the good he does
or all that he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.