Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peaceful Tomorrow


 I had given my heart to the Lord for nearly a year when I started writing my poetry. This specific one was written fairly early in this journey. A lot of the poetry I began with was all about encouragement to continue loving the Lord and why we should. It was also about asking the Lord to show me in my life what needs change. I asked him to search my heart and when I get weary to hold me up. It's taken a long time for me to really grab hold of this concept but it's working. I'm learning very quickly to find rest in the Lord alone. The blessings and grace He has shown me in the past few years have really given me some peaceful tomorrows. Psalm 62:5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone my hope comes from him.

Peaceful Tomorrow

When I feel like giving up
You are the pillar on which I lean
When I sink to depths of disbelief
You are the preserver that keeps me above the reef
Many times I fall but you are there to catch me
You straighten my path then send me on my way
Forever my path is changed
I dare not turn around
I dare not take up the treasures on the earth
Instead I turn to the riches of the Heavens
A much more glorious path I have found
When things get tough
I reach to you
With my head down low
For the forgiveness of my sins that only you know
In hopes you’ll lift me high
And fill me with mercy and grace
Overflow my cup with knowledge
Of your love for me
Show me the way to
Follow and serve you best
Help me to give up that which
Brings me pain and sorrow
so I may bathe in a peaceful tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. This is what I needed to read just now. Thanks Nancy. Such an encourager you are! :)

    ReplyDelete

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.