Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Solid Rock



A while ago I had the pleasure of watching The Second Chance starring Michael W Smith. I was so capitvated by the movie right from the start. I felt each emotion of the actors as each scene went by, I wanted to get in there and help. So I got to thinking about what else I could be doing here in my own life. The movie stirred alot within my heart but what it also did was remind me of the solid rock on which I stand. I was in sinking sand but I was pulled up by the Lord. I was rescued. Immediately I thought of this piece that I wrote just over a year ago. I know The Second Chance is an older movie but it's worth the watch over and over. Thus, here is "The Rock". It's short and sweet however the point is there, The Lord is My Rock! The picture shown above was my rock family I made when I was just 8 years old. My family and I attended a church camp. I learned then that the Lord is our foundation. My mom kept it all these years. It now sits on my dresser as a daily reminder of this promise.

The Rock

My house is built upon the strongest rock around
Held firmly in the ground
When pressure mounts and comes closing in
I dare not care at all
For I stand upon a rock solid and round
It lifts me to new heights
In which I can only find delight
No matter where I stand 
It protects me from sinking in the sand
The rock is smooth and round
if I fall to the ground
I reach up and grab hold of the Mighty Hand
Reaching down from above
Stretched out from the one I love
He lifts me back up on the rock
For as long as my house is built upon the rock
And under the shelter of His hand
I feel so safe and grand.



Mathew 7:24-25Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall because it had its foundation on the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.