Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Monday, September 3, 2012

One more to honour my mom!

This was originally written for my mom on her birthday a few years back. Tonight I wanted to repost as one more way to honour my mom. God sure  knew just who was right for this role. Though I was blessed with 2, I am truly lucky to have my adopted mom who fills her role perfectly. I always have loved her and honored her as my mother but there was always a void because of the loss of my life with my birth mom. When it came to me wanting to know my family, my mom was there to let me go and stood by me all the way through even when things went sour for a short time with my birth mom. She was always very open with me about things and to that I thank her. Today I repost this to my Mom Karen. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Mother Dear

To my mother dear
Who is always near
She’s been there for every tear
Every cry of pain
Every accomplished goal
There’s hardly anything she’s missed
Someone really awesome sure knew what to do
 when He placed me with you
It takes a genuine woman with a pure golden heart
To fill such a part
On this stage the Lord has set
He searched for the perfect one to fill this part
Wow did he sure know who had the golden heart
A standing ovation for a very special lady
She’s filled her role just right
She continues to love and care for me
Every day and night
For this I am blessed.
So this is for Mom,
The most beautiful woman I know
and I celebrate that wonderful day when
The Lord put her on this earth
So she could begin rehearsing for the part of my mom
What a wonderful gift.
I love you Mom more than words can say
Happy Mother's Day
To the One with that golden heart and for filling your role just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.