Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Friday, September 28, 2012

My group of Steel Magnolias

The wonderful thing about life is you don't have to do it alone. God sends people into our lives for a purpose. Most times we call them friends, sometimes they are co workers and sometimes they are just people to make life seem not so bad. People can be in our lives for a lifetime or just a short while. One thing I've learned is there is always someone out there for everyone when they need. I've often felt alone and had no one around but in the past few years some ladies have come in to my life and a time when I needed someone the most. We all have different backgrounds but are similar in our stories, strengths and walks with The Lord. We are all broken but mended. We are vulnerable to attacks from the evil one but together we are hard as steel and cannot be broken. Under it all we are delicate flowers. With the strength we draw from each other and God's love for all of us we are the Steel Magnolias. Well ok yes we borrowed the title from the 80's movie featuring a group of amazing , beautiful ladies. The title just fits our little group so well. So here is a mini story about MY Steel Magnolias that The Lord brought into my life to help me with my walk.


Steel Magnolias

Strong and delicate
Hearts of gold
Young not yet old
A group of ladies
He has called together
To fight their stormy weather
For in a bunch they can pack a punch
To the evil that does lurk
They will send packing
That big jerk!
Always will they turn
Their eyes upon their prize
Way high up beyond the bright blue skies
Their open hearts they send up darts
To their lover in the sky
In hopes of snagging he who dwells on High
To serve and love their Lord above is their goal
But often are hated for their role
Yet from High above he pours on strong
Enough love and courage
For the ladies to defend against wrong
He makes them strong like steel 
And beautiful as magnolia flowers
They are the ladies loving Jesus
Diminishing the evil one’s powers
The Steel Magnolias together for
The glory of the Lord
Ladies Loving Jesus.




Deuteronomy 3:24O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show your servant your greatness and strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do deeds and mighty works you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.