Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seasons May Change but He never does

Seasons change, life changes, life get hard, we stray away but one thing is certain HIS love remains. You can turn your back on him but He'll never leave. I think that is one of the hardest lessons I'm learning. I'm really worthy of being loved when everything or everyone else is deserting me. I always know where I stand with Him. It's not easy to trust love from someone you cannot touch, see or hear but just knowing He's there is all I need to keep me going. There will always be storms and enemies to try and pull us down but if we let Jesus ground us from the roots, we will stay strong in Him and not get washed out to sea by the changing tides.

Changing Tides

Though the sands are washed by changing tides
His love for me remains
It’s warm and gentle like a summer breeze
But jealous like a whirling hurricane
It’s always there to catch me when I fall
His love is rooted deep down inside me
Strong like a sycamore tree
So mighty to grasp
The delicious fruits of His love
That binds me to Him above
Storms will try to take his love from me
But will only cowar upon meeting my Lord’s tower
His moat is deep and wide
To protect me as I hide
Fear not shall I
For His love is poured on me from the sky
I’d rather see the sands pulled by the tide
Than the storms take me from my Lord with pride
Forever shall I hold on to His love
Until He calls me home from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.